Friday 5 December 2008

Post Production Diary

Post Production Diary

The editing of my film began on the 22/11/08. I uploaded my footage onto the 'Mac PC' using the camera and cable. once uploaded, I imported the clips into 'Imovie' and began putting them in order. I needed to cut some of the clips down to shorten the length of the film. I then arranged the clips into the sequence as shown on my storyboard.

I did not intend for my video to have any audio whatsoever, however, after listening to the sounds on the clips made during the filming, I thought it might be a good idea to leave some sounds (e.g, acotr sighing,yawning) in the film. This helped me to create the effect that my character has had a long tiring day and is feeling the effects of this. After leaving the sound on a small selection of clips, I then extracted all audio from the other clips.

Lastly, I added a title to my film and then played the whole film through to ensure the editing had been successful and the film now looked how I had intended it to. Once satisifed with my finished product, I compressed the video into a web movie and saved onto the USB where it will remain until I exhibit my movie.


No comments: